Saturday, 6 November 2010

Summer is here and so is Camping and fishing season

Summer is here and so is the excitement of camping and fishing for many young people today. Many adults also look for this time of year, where they get their children or grandchildren to be able to take out in the wilderness and the beautiful parks that we have to offer.


For many young children might be the first time they get to throwing a fishing line in a stream or Brook and experience the thrill of catching that first fish. the thrill of the feel of the fish nibble on their line and the excitement and anticipation of waiting to the winds.


I remember when my father took me out on my first fishing trip.We went to the same stream that he went to when he was a kid. Just there with my dad and glue as a father and son is an experience I will never forget. We caught a good number of fish that day and my father taught me to keep only the fish that were big enough to take home.


My father took me and my two brothers camping each summer.We were going to Vermont for two weeks and enjoy the outdoors and everything that mother nature had to offer. My father gave me my first knife it was a Buck knife that I carried with me always. I used it to the fish that we had captured to clean, to cut my fishing line when it would get snagged on anything or even just to whittle a piece of wood.


My father, he was "the best".


So, enjoy this summer everyone and I hope that you take your memories that a life build can will, as I have done.


My name is Stephen Mazur and I have camping and fishing in New Jersey my entire life. New Jersey has so many beautiful parks and areas to the camp and fish, I don't know why anyone would go anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment